Monday, April 25, 2016

It's been a while hasn't it?

I've been clean and sober for a year now. Last year I went to rehab out in Chicago and stayed out there for halfway house. I haven't had any eating disordered behaviors in ten months and I have been a year and two months free of self harm.

This blog had been a huge part of my life and I don't plan on deleting it. Rather I'd like to keep this as an archive. I documented years of my disordered behaviors and thoughts and it's a good reminder for me. I cannot ever forget where I came from.

With a lot of help I rose from the ashes of the petrified person I once was. I've been through sixteen different mental health treatments including residential, halfway house, IOP five times, PHP seven times, and countless individual sessions. It took thirteen years to get to where I am today and I wouldn't give it up for the world.

I still have problems. My life isn't perfect and I still struggle. But today I have a lot of things to be grateful for.

I will be making a new blog to make weekly updates about recovery and my life. I'll post it when I'm finished making it. Thank you for your patience and your kindness. when I had no where to turn you were there for me. Stay safe my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment